How we build software today looks vastly different from 20 years ago. Excellence in software engineering matters more than ever. Did you ever stop to wonder why? By looking at the history of engineering practices, we can learn how engineering excellence evolved and what that implies about the future. As software engineers, you will learn why it’s important to continue to hone your craft and why it’s important for tech companies to continually invest in software excellence today.
This is an online guided workshop that accelerates your tech leadership journey. This workshop will boost your skills, accelerate your career development, offer you tools and tricks to lead technical teams and guide you through the journey from maker to multiplier.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what technical leadership is, and why it’s important for successful teams
- Explain what effective technical leadership looks like
- Describe your Technical Vision in depth
- Outline 8 foundation principles of effective technical leadership
- Identify the different behaviours of Makers and Multipliers
- Use 5 foundation skills that Multipliers draw upon a daily basis
Patrick Kua is a seasoned technology leader with almost 20 years of experience. His personal passion is accelerating the growth and success of tech organisations and technical leaders. He has had many years of hands-on experience, leading, managing and improving complex organisations and software systems as the CTO and Chief Scientist of N26 (Berlin, Germany) and as a Technical Principal Consultant at ThoughtWorks.